Gemstone Mine - Feeding the Fish -- Lessons from cEDH
Mystic Remora has become an increasingly-common presence at Commander table of all stripes. It also serves as a great example of a class of cards known as selective stax pieces, cards which present opponents the choice to abide by a limitation or give you an advantage. This week, we discuss how to analyze a board state to determine when you should play around these effects as well as when the time is right to feed the fish
01:04 Meet the Remora
02:10 Consider Other Options
03:04 Want vs. Need
04:18 Can They Support the Fish?
05:45 Are They Bottlenecked?
07:22 What's Your Relative Position?
10:03 Is There a Greater Threat?
11:27 Closing Thoughts
- Big thanks to Charles the Mono-White Guy https://twitter.com/Ilvaldi for his excellent resources on stax in Commander
- Our theme song is "Lonely Satellite" by Bio Unit licensed via Creative Commons
- Background music for this episode is "Maze" by Bio Unit licensed via Creative Commons
- Find us on Twitter at @gemstoneminemtg
- Reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org